Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pretty Much Skunked

 Had a great day in York County yesterday. Spent a nice time back in the woods with my wife and the dogs. We were following the trails around Lake Williams. alot of people were picking raspberries, including my Pop (For Wine). Not to many people fishing the lake though. It made me wonder, are people not teaching their children to fish anymore? It just seemed like everyone who was fishing were all adults.

 After the hike the wife and I dropped the dogs off at home, and to my surprise, she said she wanted to go trout fishing. So I grabbed the gear and we headed off to one of my favorite streams in York, the Codorus. It was running a bit low, but my wife, using my ultralight gear, caught five fish. All no bigger than 10 inches, and non trout, but it sparked her intrest and she wants to go again today. I on the other hand, was using my fly gear. I think I made the right choice getting a 7 foot 3 wt, the creeks I fish are pretty thick. But I had worse luck then the wife. I only caught two, neither a trout. I tried everything, a zebra midge, a san juan worm, an olive bugger, and a few dries. So after a few hours of getting schooled, we headed home.

 No sooner were we home for ten minutes, my dad calls. He wanted to fish my other favorite creek. Muddy Creek. I couldn't say no. So soon enough we were on our way to muddy after kicking up a good amount of minnows. We get to the creek, look at the water, and we knew it was going to be tough. This was the lowest I've seen the creek ever. Once we set up I went down to the water and put my hand in, it was warmer then hell.

 We got skunked. We were out there for hours, fishing every tiny pocket of cold water, deep water, dark water, you name it water, and nothing. I fought a small wild brown for a second, then he out smarted me and got off the hook. (Isn't this why we keep coming back?) On our way out, I dropped my phone in the creek. The worst part, I just ordered a waterproof case the day before. Everything is good though, I don;t know how the phone survived the plunge. But I couldn't take pics of the wild brown I did catch on our way out. Your just going to have to take my word for it.

 Good Fishing.






No comments:

Post a Comment