Monday, June 6, 2011

Black Nose Dace, Rod, Waders, and a beer. Pa fishing.

 As you walk through the woods onto the trout stream, something happens. I can't pinpoint what it is, but it's something. Your heart slows a bit, your mind clears and you focus on one thing. The fish. The peacefulness everyone speaks of is as perfect as you can imagine it.

 I'm not your average trout fisherman. I'm not old, nor am I a redneck who sits on lawn chairs while fishing. I cast a few times in a hole, no hits, I move. I read a creek like a fly fisherman, yet I fish with a minnow. I take trout, but never more then I can use. I release all brook trout I catch. I think rainbows are the dumbest of all trout. And drinking a High Life after a good fight with a nice trout, is my favorite thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment