Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stormy weather, tornado warnings, and a great day fishing

  The weather in York county was terrible last night. After a dismal round of golf, My buddy and I decided to go out fishing with my old man while our wives were out on ladies night.. We get to the river, and lightning is all over the sky. I am deathly afraid of lightning, I was in my dads pick up in no time. The storm rolled over, and we headed to a nice sized feeder creek, the Codorus. We slip and fall getting down the mud, to a spot to small for three people. Again, lightning, thunder, crazy rain. We were done.

 We went out today with shrimp and night crawlers. I caught a few sunnies as bait. All I used was a bit of line, a number 12 hook, and a bit of worm. All I did was tie the line to my index finger and went to town. No luck with them as bait though.

 No luck at all, until my uncle pulled out a rainbow trout on a crawler on a high lo rig, on a size 2 hook. I don't know why that trout was there, all I know he was there a while. His color was beginning to become a silver color. I caught a decent largey on a top water Hula Popper. Great way to close the night.


 I love all fishing and bass is no different. Tomorrow I'm buying a bike from a friend, and a backpack for fly fishing is being delivered. Since I live only 5 or so miles from the stream, I thought it was a great investment. Not only for my fishing, but also my health.




No comments:

Post a Comment