Friday, June 10, 2011

First Time Flying

 I got the set up in the mail today. A St.Croix Imperial weight 3, and a Cabelas Prestige reel. I have nothing but St. Croix rods, and decided to stick with them. As excited as I was, I spooled up the reel, and called my brother. We weren't going night fishing, instead we were going to the creek. Him and his girlfriend went swimming while I wadded up and down the creek casting away. I used a Clouser minnow and a Wolly, and I got some good cast out there, but no fish. I'm not to worried about that, I've caught more trout in my life than any 24 year old should. What I was happy about, was to be out there fishing. The weather was perfect, and the creek was just right. I know I would have caught plenty if I would have brought my spinning gear, but the challenge of the fly rod was just fine. I think as I progress, I'll start taking my fly rod more and more over my spinning gear. Don't get me wrong though, I'll never give up my black nose dace. :)

 Thanks for reading, and Good Fishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment