Monday, June 27, 2011

It's been a week

It's been about a week since I last posted about my fishing exploits. Well, it's been a hell of a couple days. Last week I went out on the trails with my fly gear,  on my mountain bike.  Everything was going well until I just about fell off my bike, here I must of had a blow out in my back tire. My wife eventually found me alongside the road waiting for her, but not before I got some fishing in. A tire blow out isn't serious enough for me not to fish.
 I walked down to the creek, and I tied on a bead headed woolly bugger. I found it works for trout and bass in this creek. So a few minutes in I fished some rapids and had a hit. It was a nice sized red eye. I fished some more but nothing, I switched flies and such, but nothing.
 Last night, instead of fixing the bike, my dad, my uncle and I took my new 12 ft john boat out. It was slow, slow going. Fishing he banks with everything in my box. I had zero hits. I played a rubber worm, top water, spinners, everything. About 3 hours into we went over to the opposite bank and I tied on a blue Rapala crank. Sure enough there it was. I caught a nice bass and the day was done.
 I could have been angry or frustrated with my last few trips out, but why should I? it's great just being on the water. Catching fish or not, I love fishing.

It's tough to make out but thats a bald eagle.

1 comment:

  1. Tire blow out and still fishes - Now that's either a sickness or a passion. Either way that is exactly what I would have done.

    Good for you.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete